Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Test week at the Odom Residence

So this is test week for me. I have a midterm in my European History class that counts for 40% of my final grade. As it turns out, working full time, being a wife, and a full time student is not as easy as I thought that it would be. I think that I took on way too much at the beginning of this semester. Last semester I had 5 classes and I was on the Dean's List. This semester I only have 4 classes and I'm struggling. This is due in part to the fact that I started this semester with way too much going on at work. I had National Honor Society induction the third week of January and then the beauty pageant the next week. Now, this may not sound like much but I was basically in charge of everything by myself. (With the exception of this one lady who told me what to do and then told me that I did everything wrong...but that's a whole seperate story that I don't want to get into right now!) Anyway, I started out behind because of that stuff that was going on. Well, the other reason why I am struggling this semester is that I have 2 online History courses. Here's a word of advice-NEVER take an online History course. You WILL regret it! Those two classes are aweful! I will probably be lucky to get a B in either of those! Right now I have 7 chapters to memorize before Thursday and I am still working on #1. AAH! We have a baseball game this afternoon and I am going to try to force myself to study during the game! I feel like I am driving the husband crazy because I am freaking out over my test. I know that I will cram it all in at the last minute and it will be fine but the anticipation and the weight of the work load is killing me right now! Anyway, that's all that I have to say about that! In other Odom Residence news, Josh and I got to actaully spend an entire weekend together. We didn't do anything at all. It was great! I think that we have found good renters. I am meeting one lady on Friday and am waiting to hear back from another one today sometime. I have decided to run credit checks this time just to be sure. But, we should have someone in within the next couple of weeks. I'm really excited about that. Well, that's all the news about my life today!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I still haven't put you on my Google Reader list and suddenly I'll realize I haven't checked your blog in days, and of COURSE you've always posted when I check... crazy pregomego brain.

    I'm glad thinks are looking up with your renter situation. I know a few people who have had problems with renters, which is WEIRD to me. I was taught when I was growing up that if you don't actually own something, you should be more careful with it and more responsible about it. Pop says he's never rented to anybody who made it worth it, and we know a couple who own a house in Alabaster that they almost had to go to couort over because they didn't spell out all sorts of goofy things that kept them from being able to get the renters out of their house, even though they were MONTHS behind on rent and on utilities after less than a year in the place.

    Yeah, all of that was to say I think it's crazy that people refuse to take on more personal responsibility about things. Probably I shouldn't get started on the lack of personal responsibility in our society... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete