Thursday, February 26, 2009

Disaster turned blessing

It's almost the end of the week and I am very happy about that! We have had two baseball games this week that have lasted forever and I miss my husband! I am still in full-on study mode for my two midterms next week. I was sad to discover this morning that my computer at work will not play my psychology DVD's. That means that I can't study for that class here at school! Bummer! I get like one hour a day at home and I have to spend it studying? Yuck! So, anyway, we had a potential disaster situation at our rental but I think that the crisis has been avoided and hopefully some good came from it. Jack went to check the meter numbers on the power and water so that our new renter could have them turned on and the meter from the power box was missing. When he started to look around he realized that someone had broken in. Nothing was damaged and it was completely empty so there was nothing to take. They tried to get into our storage building but they didn't succeed. (which was really good news because Josh and I have a lot of stuff in there) So, that night Jack and Wendy emptied our storage building and took our stuff to their basement. (That was really nice of them) and then we called the power company to see what we should do about the meter. They said that the new renter would have to call and report it and they would come fix it. So...last night I sat down and called the new renter. (who hasn't signed a contract yet and is moving in 4 days) to tell her that there had been a break-in. I prayed alot about it because I was so scared that she was going to say "nevermind!" but she didn't. She is going to have an alarm installed by the same guy that installed our alarm. It's really great and we love having one. We are going on Sunday to change the locks and sign the lease. I am really happy about all of it. She is having the power and water turned on today and she signed up with Josh for new home phone service, Directv, and DSL. We are really hoping that this means that she is planning to stay for a LONG while! Also...while Jack was there the man that owns all of the property around us asked if we would consider selling. (WE WOULD LOVE TO SELL!!!) So, we called him and gave him the price. He was neither here nor there with his response but I guess we will see. He said that he would get back to us after he talked it over with his wife! We are definately praying about that and keeping our fingers crossed extra tight!! Having two mortgages + two car payments is never fun! But, I have nothing to complain about...We have been blessed beyond my wildest dreams! You know, when Josh and I got married we didn't expect that we would ever get to a place where we are financially secure but we have been married for 2 years now and we are there already. Josh is an amazing husband! He works hard and never misses a single day. He never complains and he is definately at the very top on his job! Right now he is competing in a contest for $5000!! Sure, he's competing with thousands of other people from all over the country, but I believe that he could actually win...Right now he is in the top 30!!! That's pretty amazing if you ask me! We certainly do not deserve all of the blessings that God has given us but we are so thankful for them! I know that it will just be a matter of time now until I'm out of school and working and having kids and all of that! :) Well, I feel like I've written a book and I'm sure that no one will actually get far enough into the blog to read this but I'm finished now!! That's all for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment