Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Mental Health Day

Well, I woke up yesterday morning at 4:45 to Josh's increadibly too loud alarm clock and it was way too early to even move. So, I decided to sleep for a few more minutes. Josh just so happened to have a day off work and he was going to be home all day with nothing to do. As, I was lying there I began to wonder why in the world I was even considering getting out of my nice warm bed. So, I set my alarm for 7:30 (which is when I would need to get up and call into work to let them know that I wasn't coming) and I went back to sleep. As a teacher you only get a few days a year to be off so I really should choose them wisely but yesterday I just needed a day for myself.
It was pretty much the best day that I have had in a while! I have been way too stressed about the little things lately and I needed a day to get things done so my mind could relax! So, we slept until about nine and then we got up and got ready. We went to eat lunch at our favorite Mexican restaraunt in Northport, Los Tarascos. It was really good! (even though I bit my lip and it still kinda hurts) Then, we went to the bank. Then to the doctor's office because I had to get a TB skin test for school. It stung! Then we bought groceries and then came home and we cleaned up the house.
I know that this probably doesn't sound like much of a day to you but it was pretty amazing for me. I don't normally love to run errands but Josh makes everything more fun for me! :) He's pretty amazing to be around and to get a whole day together is pretty rare. We are always so busy. We watched Fireproof before we went to bed and it was really good. It made me cry, naturally.
Now, I am back at WB sitting at my desk with a room full of kids. They are being really good today. It's still freezing in my classroom because they make us turn off the heat at night and it takes half of the day to warm up again. (I just had to wake up a student. You gotta love it when they fall asleep on their desks and start drooling. yugh!) Anyway, I am excited about watching Lost tonight. Josh and I (and both of our families) are completely hooked on that show. Well, that's really all there is to say about my life today. I know, I'm boring but I like it pretty well. I can't wait until summer! I need the sun and a break!! Only 74 more days! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment