Monday, February 2, 2009

Another day in the life...

Well, it's Monday morning. (sigh) I woke up this morning hating this day for no apparent reason except for the fact that the alarm woke me up and I had to take a shower. (at 5 am) I came to school still reeling from the emotional weekend and wondering what or how my friend is doing today. But then I was given a little jolt of inspiration from two friends who reminded me that I have so much to be thankful for. (including Monday mornings)
Josh and I have decided to turn over a new leaf and stop eating fast food every night of the week. This year has been tough because I was so used to working on my own schedule and then all of a sudden my routine changed to 5am every day and a day full of emotional, loud, funny, crazy 6th graders. Needless to say, I am exhausted most of the time. I have decided though that I need to be more on top of things. (like my school work) I am a terrible cook though. Cooking makes me nervous and I always burn something. We have a cooktop that was brand new in June and the top of it is burnt around one eye becuase I always spill stuff on it when I'm trying to cook. I am excellent at taco's though. And thankfully Josh loves that! We are a perfect pair! :)
I have been trying to diet and work out and all of that but it's really so much harder than it looks. I saw this adorable pregnant girl at the gym last week who had this cute little baby bump and I was thinking how does that happen. I want to be that cute when I'm pregnant. (Not that I'm going to be any time soon) It was just a thought. Although Josh and I did name our second child last night. See, someone that I love who has this amazingly perfect family told me that you can pray and ask God for exactly what you want out of life and he will provide it for you. So, we have been (as crazy as it sounds) praying for our future family. We are going to have 2 boys and 2 girls. We are naming the first two after all four of our parents. (and they are actually cute names amazingly enough) At least, we think they are. We get excited about the future sometimes but we LOVE the present as well. We are waiting to have kids about 3 more years. (We have our reasons.)
Friday I have to drive to Athens for the first time. I had to take the whole day off work because I have to be there at 1 and it takes half of forever to get there from my house. I am actually looking forward to it though. I will finally get to see the campus and meet my professor. Also, I love being in the car by myself. I like the time that it gives me to think and pray, and sing really loud. :)
Well, thats about all that is new with me today.

1 comment:

  1. You can get these stovetop cleaning pads that are sort of scratchy but not bad enough to hurt the cooktop, and it'll get that stuff off!! If it's really thick it won't come off all at once, but it'll come off eventually if you'll keep using them. I just use it once a week... if I think about it... and I LOVE to cook and I burn stuff all the time.

    ReplyDelete