Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Making progress

It's almost time to go but I thought I would squeeze in a quick post before I leave today. I still don't have a cell phone because AT&T is as slow as Christmas! I am not good at not having a phone so I am trying really hard to wait patiently.

This morning we started testing. My job is to just basically sit in the hall. I just rolled my chair out there and read my book for Vietnam class. I have actually managed to get a lot of work done today. I discovered that highlighting the main things in the book is easier than taking notes for the outline. I also did the outline for my research paper and started the actual paper itself. I think I am mostly using the Wikipedia-"Ia Drang Valley Battle for Dummies" version of the story but I will have to throw in some facts from my 7 required sources. I know...college is ridiculous!

I am very much looking forward to Spring Break and then the end of this semester. I have never been so excited for summer in my life! Especially a summer where I am taking 7 classes! But, I know that it will be better than this!

My sweet husband downloaded last week's episode of Gray's Anatomy for me that I missed because our DVR was being crazy...so, I am going home to watch it today! Then it's back to work on this Vietnam War mess.

The good thing about testing this week is that after tests are over, I don't have any kids for the rest of the day! I love my kids (sometimes) but it's nice to have this peace and quiet time that I can do my work without the constant, "Mrs. Odom??"! :)

Well, I guess that's all for me today...I have to go do bus duty and then I'm free to go home sweet home!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...I have to watch Gray on fridays from my laptop....and the past 3 weeks I haven't had my computer! I did catch one episode at my parents, but I'm about to die from withdrawals!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't tests fun!! I am sitting here watching my 6 sweet kids struggle through them. I am testing in the computer lab with no proctor, so I am blogging and checking email. Good luck with your school stuff!!

    ReplyDelete