Friday, March 20, 2009

Friday 5

1. It's been a while since I have posted. Not too much going on at the Odom residence. It is Friday which means that I am now officially at 7 weeks of school until I am done with my job! I could not possibly be more excited about that! I have liked this job but I will be SO glad when it's over. Everyone else has 8 weeks but I took the last week off work because Josh is off and we are going on vacation. Were not really sure where we are going yet. We are going to the beach for spring break and I can't wait for that! That will be the 3rd week in April.

2. I have SO much homework and studying to do before then. I have been working really hard to get it all done. I even made myself a more-than-slightly OCD list of assignments and due dates. It's color-coded. :) Everything is due right before spring break and I have a HUGE test on the Thursday of that week. Yea, unfortunately, my spring break for school and spring break for work are not the same time...so, I have to come back from the beach early to take a test. It's really fine though because as it turns out, I have tickets to see Wicked! that night with my sister! I am TOO excited about that!

3. Tonight, Josh and I are going to David and Lindsey's house for dinner. They are grilling steaks for us. Then, tomorrow night, we are having Josh's and my family over for a cook out. That will be fun. Then Sunday is a lazy (do nothing at all but lay in the bed and watch movies and eat fast food) day! Those are my VERY favorite.

4. I can not believe that this time next year I will be getting ready to graduate. I have felt for years like it would never happen but now I am almost there! I have got a rough road ahead of me trying to finish this semester and then 7 classes in summer and 7 classes in fall. I know it's WAY too much for me to have taken on but it was the only way for me to graduate on time. I am now at the point in my life where I actually feel like I am accomplishing something. I am a full-time teacher and I am also a full time student....AND I am on the Dean's list! Well, let me say...I WAS on the dean's list. I probably will not be this time. Thanks to my European history class for that.

5. Pretty much I am avoiding doing any homework right now because I am SO tired of reading about the Vietnam War. I am VERY ready to go! I have to cover Mrs. Hobson's class (again) this afternoon after lunch because she seems to have a lot of emergency situations where she has to leave in the middle of school and can't find a sub. Her kids are like devils for the most part. I will pretty much spend the last 3 hours of school screaming and glaring out the window longingly. (and I never scream) Pray for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment