Monday, March 30, 2009

A very rambling post about nothing

Well, it's been a while since I have posted anything so I thought I would do a quick post before I launch into my unbelievably massive stack of work for the week. This weekend was wonderful. I actually got to spend an entire weekend at home doing nothing! Josh worked on Saturday so I watched reruns of America's Next Top Model and cleaned house. Then when Josh came home we went on a date. We basically went out for dinner and by the time we got seated and ate it was too late to make it to the movies so we just ran by blockbuster and then went home. Both of our computers crashed recently which was devistating because we are computer people so Josh spent a lot of time this weekend working on them. We didn't have virus protection and they both got a virus. It was pretty tragic. Now, Josh has fixed his computer and mine is still dead...or dying...so, I am getting a new one! Yay!


We have decided to redo the computer room and guest room in our house. We are going to switch them and then we are going to work on the computer room first. I need a better place to study at home, especially since I am going to be taking a double load the next two semesters at home. So, we are going to rip up the carpet in the old guest room/new computer room and lay down hardwood. We are going to paint the walls a deep purple and get all new baseboards and crown moulding. Then just extra little stuff like a new ceiling fan and new door knobs and stuff. We have decided to just work on one room at a time. The computer room just happens to be the one we need the most right now. I want to paint the walls a deep purple and do white trim. Josh actually agreed to that. :) So, we are starting that process next weekend. I am also getting a new desk for my new computer and Josh is taking my old desk so that all of our furniture will match. We are getting rid of his old desk and some other furniture that we don't need. I think it will help our clutter problem significantly! When we finish with that room we are going to work on the guest room next and that will just be painting, moulding, and a bed set. Oh, and getting the bed in there from Karla and Craig! We are excited to have an actual guest room. Now its just an almost empty storage/music room. I won't be sad to see the drums and piano go. We are working on a budget to get all of this done so I hope we can do it! I'll let you know how it turns out! After we get those two rooms done we would like to work on our kitchen. Basically we will just redo the floors for now. We would like to have this amazing kitchen that I found on the internet. It will be in our dream home that we already have chosen one day.
We picked out our dream house when we first got married and saved it. We also chose pitcures like this one of every room that we want to have one day. It's nice to have a dream to work for! We love our house right now though and definately plan to stay there for many years to come. I am definately the kind of person who likes to plan everything out. We have made plans for the future together but somehow things always seem to change. Just like us moving to Tuscaloosa. That was actually a spir of the moment decision and we are SO happy that we did it! We love it here! We are so happy! I feel so blessed to be married to such a great man who loves me so much!
We only have 2 weeks of school now until Spring Break! I can't wait!! Josh and I are going to the beach that week. That tuesday is our anniversary so I am very glad that we will get to celebrate at the beach!! It's going to be romantic and relaxing! I just hope that I can get all of my school work done before then!! Well, this has been a very rambling post about nothing at all so I guess I will stop procrastinating and get to work now!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are going well for you guys. I am so glad! You guys are so cute! We (well Chad) just put hardwood in our kitchen and dining area. When will you be finished with school? I just finished giving SAT-10.....loads of fun!!Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are doing great! We miss everyone at home though!! I saw the pictures of your kicthen! It looks great!! I will be done with school this time next year...I wish it was this year but I guess one more year isn't going to kill me! We have SAT-10 and ARMT this week. I just have to sit in the halls and walk kids to the bathroom! haha I miss your boys!! We have got to come see you guys soon!!

    ReplyDelete