Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Warning! All-out, over-the-top, whiny, pathetic venting session ahead....Proceed with caution:

Today I am feeling whinier than usual (which I know is hard to believe) but it's true. It's because even though we are so close to the end of this school year I still feel desperate for it to just be over. I am thankful for this job because it definately taught me a lot and I got to spend a lot of extra time with my sister and get my name around for when I graduate and try to get a real teaching job.However, I am so ready for this job to be over. I have almost successfully completed day 18 on the countdown and I am desperate for the next three weeks to come and go. I will be SO glad to say goodbye to this school and move on with my life. I have, however, learned from this job what kind of teacher and coworker that I don't want to be. There are just a few really mean and hateful people that I have worked with here. I have had my own personal encounter with three of them and I am a totally non-confrontational person so you can imagine how that worked out for me. I accidentally kinda sorta used the laminatior machine a few months ago without knowing exactly how to use it. It only has like three buttons so I didn't figure it would be that complicated. Well, after being personally chewed out in the middle of the hall by one of them, I was then verbally attacked by the second one via school-wide e-mail and then also a Vypress (chat) at the end of the day just in case I was lucky enough that anyone on the faculty hadn't gotten the e-mail. She really wanted to be sure that I was sorry. Now she personally keeps the laminator machine locked up in her room for supervision because apparently she owns the entire school. I have considered telling her that she can let go of her grip on the laminator because I wouldn't touch the thing with a 10 foot pole after last time...but, I suppose that would require me to have a back bone and unfortunately, I was born without one of those. So, anyway, then when I single-handedly voulenteered to set up and run the entire beauty pageant single-handedly I was told all night how aweful it was and how bad of a job I did by number three who (by the way) didn't voulenteer to help at all. Oh, and did I mention that I did that single-handedly? (Except for the amazing help of my super-sister who flew in and saved the day. I would have had a nervous break-down and then died of a heart attack if she hadn't been there.) I did, in fact, have a panic-induced, all-out whailing, balling, crying session when the pageant was almost over in front of at least a few of my co-workers. I would like to personally thank number three for that show of public humiliation. The three of you will not be forgotten. I will tell the tales of the horrors of my first year as a teacher for many years to come I am sure. Hopefully, between now and then I will grow a back bone and stand up to someone who runs over me with their own personal train of mean-hearted wickedness. Oh, my. I believe that I have over-shared and that you have just witnessed a once-in-a-lifetime venting session. Sorry. I got carried away.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. I had a first year like that as well. My "number 3" was my principal. She hated me and made sure I knew it. It will help you not to be like that though. I always think about the kind of teacher I don't want to be and try to be better. I am sure you are awesome! Just a few more days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you had a bad experience. Some people are just inconsiderate and rude! I work with some real characters too! Hope the next three weeks are better.

    By the way...I love the header. It's too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe...thanks girls! It's nice to know that I'm not alone!!

    ReplyDelete