Monday, April 20, 2009

An AMAZING week

I haven't posted anything in a while and it's because last week was spring break for West Blocton and I got to go on vacation! It was really amazing! It just so happened to turn out that spring break fell on the same week of mine and Josh's wedding anniversary. So, he took off work and we went to the beach. We left Saturday afternoon after spending the day with our families for Easter celebrations. We stayed in Josh's aunt and uncle's beach house that was really adorable! We loved it there. It is in Pensicola which is quiet and peaceful but only 10 minutes from Gulf Shores where there is lots of stuff to do. We spent most of the week lounging at the house and walking on the beach. We picked seashells and chased crabs and just played and had fun together. We both needed that vacation from work and we had a blast. Tuesday, on our anniversary, Josh (my amazing wonderful husband) suprised me with tickets to Cirque Du Soleil which I have wanted to see forever!! THat day we went to the Navy Aviation museum which was pretty amazing and then we ate lunch at the Gulf Island Grill. We went to The Warf and ate ice cream and walked around. Then we went to a souviner shop and then we went back to the beach. It was a really great trip. We got to relax and just be together with no distractions. We came home on Wednesday because I had a final on Thursday. Tiffany went with me to take my final and we took my Uncle Mallick who was visiting from Chicago for the week out to lunch and then I took the dreaded final. After that we headed back to Birmingham and we saw Wicked! It was AMAZING!! I LOVED it!! I would see it a thousand times! The next day I had to go back to Athens to take another final. So, Josh went with me because Cirque Du Soliel was that night in Huntsville. Well, we got stuck in traffic in Birmingham for a while so I flew the rest of the way trying to make it to my final on time. Guess what? I got a big fat stinkin ticket!! AAH! I cried all hysterically and made Josh drive the rest of the way and was 30 minutes late for my final which my professor was not too excited about! Ugh! Well, it's over now! After the test, we went to the Decatur Mall where I got to see my good friend Kelly who has an adorable baby bump! Then we ate Mexican for lunch and went to Cirque Du Soliel. It was also quite AMAZING!! We had a blast! It was one of those things that I can't really explain. It was just really cool! My mom and my little sister Olivia came to Tuscaloosa to have a sleep-over with me and Tiffany Saturday night. We watched movies and ate pizza. Then yesterday Josh and I just hung out around the house and rested! We had an AMAZING week that I didn't ever want to end! It was so much fun and I LOVED getting to spend all of my time with him! I was sad to come back to work today but I am excited that I only have four weeks left! I hope that they fly by and then it's on to a great summer! Well, that's enough about me for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment