Monday, May 4, 2009

Remodel update

Josh and I started yesterday on the computer room. While I was sanding the doors in the garage Josh ripped up the carpet. Then we went around with happers and screw drivers and pulled the strip that holds the carpet down out of the floor. It was kind of hard because under the carpet is just concrete. After we got all of that up Josh pulled up the baseboards. Then we vaccumed and swept up all of the mess and we had a clean slate. We started painting and the Jake got there and he helped us paint. We ordered pizza and I finished painting while they painted the new baseboards and crown molding in the garage. After all of the paint was semi-dry we started laying down the floor. I had to run to walmart pretty late last night to get some shems. They didn't have any so we emprovised. I went to bed at 11 but the guys stayed up late working on the floor. It turned out to be much more complicated than we thought but they are doing really good. It's a little less than half way done but the hard part is over now. There is a lot more cutting than they thought there would be and I was afraid that the saw was going to wake up our neighbors last night. I'm really excited though. It's coming along really fast and I think it's going to look georgous when it's done! I can't wait to see it all finished!! I ordered the desks and hopefully they will be here in a couple of days. I still haven't ordered my computer but I will do that soon! We haven't found a bed for the guest room but I am going to go look at the furniture stores in town this afternoon. I hope that I can find one that is not too expensive!! Well, that's all for the update on the remodel. I will post pictures as soon as we are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment