Saturday, May 23, 2009

Update....The latest news

It's Saturday night and I thought I would take a few minutes to blog about what's been going on with us for the past few days. Friday was my last official day at work. It was super emotional and I ended the day by standing in my regular bus duty spot and all of the kids came by and hugged me. I cried like a baby. It was hard to say goodbye to them because they have become such a part of my everyday life. I will pray for them for the rest of their lives I assume. I love them all....Then....last weekend Josh and I visited First Baptist Church of Tuscaloosa for the first time. We loved it. It was really close to the type of service that we are used to at Mount Vernon. The music was great and the pastor was amazing. We were so excited. It was really hard to leave our home church and church family that we have both been such a big part of for most of our lives and try something new. We got discouraged and started to think that there was nothing here for us. But, we saw the website for First Baptist and they really offer all of the things that we were looking for. Josh wanted a softball team and I wanted a choir/ensemble that I could sing in. Plus...they have an amazing preschool. (for someday...) So, needless to say...we are really excited to have found somewhere that we really love. We are going to Sunday School in the morning for the first time. I really want us to find a place there.....In other news...Josh has been on vacation from work this week and we spent one night at his parents house and one night at my parents house. We went out on the boat and it was a lot of fun. It was nice to just hang out with my mom and Olivia. I look forward to seeing a lot more of them this summer. I am so glad that I am finally free from the stress of a full time job. Now, I can just focus on getting the next 2 semesters of college out of the way and then I will be an intern! One year until graduation...I'm counting down the days...I start my crazy summer semester of 7 classes in 2 months on Tuesday. Pray for me! I will need it!! :) It's going to be great though now that we have our amazing new computer room/study...I'm kinda excited to get started. Luke's ears were bleeding on the ends the other day and I called Jonathan at the vet's office and he said that he was being bitten by flies. So, we spent $50 on a bug zapper and neosporin....Sometimes dogs are like having kids. He's happy now and on a regular vitamin. It's going to help boost his immune system so that he will live a long and happy life! Well, thats all about us for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment