Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Last days at WBMS

Friday is my last day at West Blocton Middle School. I have been so anxious for the summer to be here and so ready for this job to end but now that it's here I am heartbroken. I have absolutely fallen in love with my first class. They are amazing little people with big hearts and I love them all. I don't know how I am going to manage to go from seeing them every single day to never seeing them at all. How do other teachers do this? All of the other teachers just seem so ready for them to be gone but I just wish I could have them again every year. They are a great class. Of course, every class has it's bad eggs but even the worst behaved kids, I have grown to appreciate. THey all have something to offer and they are all still at the age where they have big dreams and their own personalities despite the pressures that are starting to rise around them. I know that even if I teach them in the 9th grade year after next they will be different. They will be more grown up and less sweet and innocent. This is just an emotional time for me. I would adopt many of them...seriously...I would take them home as my own. There is something about a teacher's first group. The attachment is strong and a bond is made that probably won't ever happen again. I pray everyday that I get that job as the 9th grade teacher next year. One more year of college and I'm a real teacher. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment