Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Remodel Update 3

I didn't get much done yesterday because I was wiped out...But, I did sleep a lot so I feel pretty energized today and ready to get going on the remodel when I get home...I sent Josh an email this morning with my crazy OCD plan to get things done before this weekend. Here's the plan:

Today (Wednesday)-Josh will finish the floor and do the baseboards and I will go after school to get my driver's liscence renewed (I was supposed to do it yesterday but I was so tired!) and then I will go home and clean out the current computer room/future guest room and then tape it up and get it ready to paint

Tomorrow (Thursday)-Josh will do the crown molding and I will paint the guest room, pick up the bed, desks, bed set, blinds, curtains, file cabinet, and bookshelf (that will be a mixture of trips to Walmart, Target, and the furniture store) I'm staying home from work so I should be able to get all of it done...

Friday: Josh will put together all of the furniture and we will replace the plugs and do the closet floor, and put the doors back on and I will paint the trim in the guest room and hang the blinds and curtains...

Saturday: Josh will cut the grass and work in the yard and I will clean the house

Sunday: We will go to Jasper and spend the day with our moms.

We still have tons of work to do but I can finally see the end coming because Josh is one row of hardwood away from finishing the floor in the new computer room. It looks great and I love the color that we painted that room. I'm really tired from all of the work but I know that it's going to be worth it!! We have managed to stay within our budget with the exception of paying for the desks and buying my new computer...My new computer is going to have to wait a couple of weeks but I don't mind...and we paid for the desks out of our regular checking account but that's ok too. I'm excited that Anna is coming to stay with me next week and I'm even more excited that there's going to be a bed in a real guest room for her to sleep in. I have never had a guest room before....I can't wait! I'm so grateful to my amazing husband for staying up so late and working so hard...He's the best in the world!! I will post pictures as soon as I can! I have got to get a new cord to connect my camera to the computer...That's all of the remodel updates for today...6 days of school left...

No comments:

Post a Comment