Saturday, August 1, 2009

Current Events in the Odom House

I haven't posted in about a month...I have been SO busy with this 21 hour summer semester. But...drumroll please....I am one week away from being officially done! I will get 2 whole weeks of down time before I have to start back. Josh and I have been making some pretty major decisions lately about the immediate future. First of all, I had to take several finals this past week so I stayed in a hotel in Athens Thursday nigh...It was aweful...the hotel was nice but I was alone and scared and cold...I just wanted to be home with him...So, we decided that I am not going to be staying at the Extended-Stay hotel in the fall. I am just going to stay with my parents and he is going to stay a couple of the nights with me each week. It's only three nights a week and I will feel so much better to be with my mom and dad than with creepy strangers....The second thing is that I am not going to get a job. With me not staying in the hotel we will not need for me to get a job and that is a huge relief because I barely survived this two-month semester without a job. I am so thankful that I have a husband that loves me and wants whats best for me. It's amazing...The third thing is that we are going to join First Baptist next week. We just know that it is the right place for us and we are so excited about it.

Monday I am going to six flags with Tiffany, my mom, and my dad. Yep...that's right...My mom and my dad... I cannot believe that we are going somewhere with our original (if you will) family. ha We have NEVER done anything like this since my parents divorced when I was 8 years old. They are both remarried and everything...It's nothing wierd or anything. Tiffany just get tired of having to choose a parent to take on trips so we invited both of them and they are both going. They get along great so that's never an issue and we always have fun when they are together. I guess they have been divorced for long enough that the akward tension is gone and now they can just be friends. It's much better for us that way for sure!

Josh and I got a new 55 gallon fish tank. It's really georgous. It's right inside the front entrance to our house in the forier (or however you spell that). We got all of the supplies for it today and set it up. It sprang a leak, but with some minor adjustments and help from Tiffany we fixed it and now it looks georgous. I've got to get some plants to go under it on the bottom shelf of the stand but I'm really proud of the way it looks.

I got my new pink laptop and I LOVE it. It is kinda huge because I wanted the biggest screen that they had but I am glad that I got it. It is perfect for me because I can do my school work on the couch. I know that makes me sound lazy but the chair in the office just hurts my back! Anyway, I've only had it for a couple of weeks but there is this wierd light running across the middle of the screen so we are going to have to call about it because I am afraid that something is wrong with it...I hope not!!

We talked to Wendy tonight about Disney World. I am SO excited about it. We are still in the planning phase, working out all of the details. It is really hard to get our whole family together because we are all in school (Me-Athens, Jake-Auburn, Heidi and Mallory-Montevallo) and with Josh's job we just have to go on whatever vacation week he can get. But, we have chosen a week-The week before Thanksgiving. (We went last time during thanksgiving and the crowd was unreal!) We think it will be a really good time to go. Jake, Heidi, and Mallory might only get to come for the second half of the week but Jackson's birthday is on that Wednesday so they are trying to wait to suprise him with the tickets when it gets close. He's been wanting to go really bad so he will be thrilled. (Not as thrilled as me...I'm sure) But, Josh and I LOVE Disney World and we have been wanting to get back there one more time before we have a baby. I know it sounds crazy but it's important to us and we are not sure when we want to have a baby so we just wanted to go this year just in case...(We are in no hurry about the whole baby thing though...)

Well, now that I have written the longest post ever to make up for the lack there of recently... I think that I have just about given out all of the current events in the Odom house...Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment