Saturday, August 8, 2009

Window Markers

It has been a rather hectic week at the Odom residence. I officially finished my 21 hour summer semester. It was killer but totally worth it. I am registered for 18 hours for the fall and waiting for my overload application to process so that I can register for the last class. (EVER!!) Wow, that sounds amazing....Josh's union at AT&T has been planning to go on strike for about a week now and we were really starting to worry about it but we prayed about it and sent out a few prayer requests to the family, and God took care of it. They were supposed to start Monday morning and one of Josh's co-workers called a few minutes ago and said that the strike is cancelled. That was great news. I am currently waiting for my professor to tell me if I can take my last class for next semester because one of the days that the class is on I am already registered for another class. I don't want to get into all of the gory details but let's just say I have an entire army of believers praying that he says that he will work with me and I can take the class anyway. I would appreciate any prayers from my blog followers as well. It is a trying event in the life of the Odoms but we have placed it in God's hands and we know that he is taking care of us. Tomorrow morning we are joining First Baptist Church of Tuscaloosa. We really love it there and Josh has been playing the drums for a while. We are ready. Wendy and Jackson are coming with us and then we will all go out to eat for lunch. Then, tomorrow night all of our friends are coming over to wish farewell to our dear friend Jonathan who is moving away to Arizona. Josh and I have spent two days doing yard work and cleaning house and now we are oficially done and my house looks so amazing I seriously considered taking pitcures. haha We have started a new thing at our house that I love so far, I bought window markers (Crayola) and they are just like regular markers, they just write on windows and mirrors. So, each week Josh and I are picking a new bible verse that we like and I am writing it on our bathroom mirror. In our guest bathroom (the one that everyone uses, we are sticking with our favorite, "As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD" Joshua 24:10. I really like it. It's a nice way to start the day...with God's word on our hearts. Right now in our private bathroom we have Psalms 32:10. I don't know why that one stuck out to me. I just liked it. Well, I have to get up bright and early in the morning for church so I am going to bed.

4 comments:

  1. (Dry erase markers do the same thing. But Crayola window markers are a lot prettier looking.)

    I'll be thinking about you guys and praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers...and I LOVE the markers...I'm kinda like a kid drawing on the mirrors all the time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat idea! Praying everything falls into place.

    ReplyDelete