Saturday, August 22, 2009

I got in! I got in!

Yesterday morning was the last day of Add/Drop for the Fall semester. If you are a devout follower of my blog then you already know that I have been seriously stressed for the past few weeks because I have to take 7 classes this fall in order to intern in the spring and there was one class that I needed that overlapped with another class I was already in. I needed my professor to send permission to the registrar's office for me to be enrolled in the class. I have been freaking out for the last few weeks because I sent him several e-mails and left several voice mails and I still had not heard back from him. I am sure that he thought I was a little crazy because I even had the registrar to e-mail him for me. Well, anyway, FINALLY, yesterday morning I got an e-mail from him saying that he had been out of the office all summer but he sent permission for me to enroll to the registrar's office...Then I had an e-mail from the registrar's office saying that I was enrolled! When I checked my schedule I was in! Whew! All of the stress and freaking out...and I finally got it! I was beginning to believe that I wouldn't get in and I was so down about it. When I registered for my internship, one of the possibilities was West Blocton Middle School (where I worked last year) and the interning teacher that I would be working with if I get that school is Mrs. Wilson. She teaches 7th grade Civics. I am really praying for that because that would mean that I would get to work with my babies from last year. I got so attached to them that it would just be such a blessing to be back in the classroom with them for another semseter. Also I already know all of the teachers and administrators there and I know that I would just be so comfortable there. Unfortunately, I failed the Praxis...AGAIN! I am registering to take it again September 12. I am going to go by the bookstore today and try to find a good study guide. I keep missing it by about 10 points. I've just GOT to pass it this time. Anyway, I'm SO happy and relieved that I got in the class. Now I've just got to get through 7 Senior killer Upper level history classes and the Praxis and then I'm done! F-O-R-E-V-E-R!! Or until I enroll in the Master's program... But, believe me...I am going to take a nice long break from college before I go back! I certainly learned a HUGE lesson about waiting on God's perfect timing and trusting that he is in control. I tried not to doubt him and just to pray for his will in this situation but I was really struggling because I just want to be done with school so bad...Now, I know that God was testing my trust in him and I am feeling so amazingly blessed by his goodness and mercy.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy and excited for you! Try not to stress out too bad this semester, just take it one day at a time and before you know it, you'll be walking across that stage getting your diploma!!
    YAAAAAAYYYY!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather! I can't wait for that!

    ReplyDelete