Monday, February 1, 2010

Happy (BUSY) February

Today is February 1, 2010.

I love my life. I am busy and I like it that way. I also LOVE days when I get to stay home and do nothing. ALthough, as a college student, I have learned that even when you have days where you stay at home and have "nothing" to do, there is always something you should be doing. (i.e. studying, working on a paper, etc.) AND as a substitute teacher, you plan these days of staying home and you look forward to sleeping in late and then at the last minute someone calls you to sub. Bummer.

As of right now, I have three days off this week. I am working today and Friday. BUT, I am off Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I am SURE that will change. I won't be too sad because we need the money but I will be a little sad because I LOVE to sleep late, especially when the alternative is getting up at 5AM. That's never fun. I do have to be off on Thursday though because I am going to take a couple of tests at Wallace.

However, I am thankful to have a job that I enjoy (somewhat)and have the free time to work on my school work. I'm not complaining. Really.

Tomorrow night is our parent meeting with the cheerleading hopefuls. We are going to just explain tryouts and what to expect after the girls make the team. Josh is going to get our taxes done by himself. He's going to a lady close to his office that everyone from his work has been talking about. They have all said that they got big returns because she has special powers because she used to work for the IRS or something like that. We're keeping our fingers crossed for $10,000.(That's a joke, by the way.) However, considering that we had to pay in last year, I'm not very confident. Just hopeful. :)

Tonight Tiffany and I are going to Zumba. We really love that class. Josh and I went to Academy Sports and I bought some cute workout clothes so I won't feel like a fatty in the oversized pajama clothes that I usually wear to the gym. In that room with all the mirrors, wearing big baggy clothes can do bad things to your self-esteem. I have now lost 16 pounds.

Pageant stuff is coming along. I ordered trophies. We got the decorations and crowns in. I have laid out the order of events and figured out that I am going to use the theme song from FAME for the opening number. That song is AMAZING and I LOVE IT!! It's got a really good beat too so I'm thinking it will be a really good one to use. I am excited about getting to start working with the girls next week. I'm picking up the general walking-out music from Mr. Hayes today and Josh is going to burn it all onto one CD that we can just play continuously. I have our M.C. but no judges yet. She is going to try to find some of her pageant friends to come do it. If not, then I will find them. I need to call and order our flowers and find the materail for the sashes. I keep forgetting about that. Oops... There's alot to remember. I am so nervous that I will forget something important...

Financial Peace is going good for us. I am going to go this week and open up our savings account with our emergency fund money in it....and we don't have any credit cards so we are already ahead of the game on that one.

Our trailer is going to be officially on the market this afternoon. We are praying hard about that. It hurts us financially to not have any rent coming in but we are just praying that it sells quickly. We aren't going to make any money off of it but we just want to get rid of it so we're selling it for just above what we owe on it plus the realtor's commission. Charlotte Pugh is selling it for us and she's a family friend so she's giving us a great deal on the commission. She's been really great to us througout the whole experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment