Friday, February 26, 2010

Grad school possibilities

Today I went to Athens to take a test in my foreign policy class and to take Bella to Kayla. It was a really good trip. It just made me miss my college friends alot. I did get to see Kayla and Miranda though. I saw Kayla when I dropped the cat off and then Miranda and I had dinner at Logans. We stayed there talking forever. It was nice to catch up. Oh, I also checked out 7 books about Watergate from the library. I'm working on my Vietnam class paper now and I'm thinking that I picked a very interesting topic.

In other news, I am checking into grad school. I have the GPA requirment for UA's history program and I emailed the dean who is in charge of my program to ask if early entry is an option for me. Since I'm not interning until the fall, the summer would be the perfect time for me to start the grad school program and get a feel for the classes. However, I'm not sure if they will accept me considering that I won't technically have a degree until the fall... We shall see... I am also trying to decide if I want to take the thesis route or just take two extra classes... I'm leaning toward the two extra classes...

I'm working at the high school next week. I really love working over there and I can't wait to get a job and be permanant. I LOVE working with the cheerleaders and I just know that this is where I belong. I feel like such a part of the community and I feel so loved by the kids. It's a great feeling.... Now, if I can get a job teaching history there next year then I will be all set!

Well, I guess I better get back to my Watergate book.... I have 7 huge books including Nixon's memoirs to read in the next couple of weeks...

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're thinking about grad school! It really is worth the extra work. I think you can totally do it!

    plus, it will fly by! I can't believe two years of my life have disappeared so fast. That's what grad school can do to ya! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definately wanting to do it... I am just not sure when I'm going to be able to start. It's pretty scary. Plus, for a Master's in History, you have to be fluent in another language... Yikes!

    ReplyDelete