Saturday, January 16, 2010

This week...

This has been a pretty good week for me. I have subbed two days and signed up for several more days in the next couple of months. Most people like to just call at 7 in the morning but I can't do those days because I live too far away to have time to get ready and get to the school. I am really loving being at the school though. I get bored during the day if the teachers don't leave me any work but I just do my homework and study, so it's not so bad. It just makes me want to be a teacher so much more though. It is hard. I have not been too committed to my school work either. I have really got to get going and just do it. I guess I have just been discouraged about it and let it keep me from doing what I know I need to be doing. I have my first big assignment due two weeks from yesterday and a big big test that week too. I have resolved to just commit myself to working on it everyday. I will be glad when it's over. Just about 3 more months and I will be done with all of my classes...for good....for sure...this time.

There is a very big maybe coming up in our future about my job/internship situation. Mr. McGee told me that he is going to look into getting me hired in as a first year teacher for next year and that my internship can also be my first year. However, that comes with a very large amount of "ifs" and it's quite scary. So, Josh and I have been talking alot about what we will do if we do get it and what if we don't. Everything is truly in God's hands for us right now and we are just trying to enjoy our life just as it is right now and not focus so much on the furure. After all, we are VERY blessed and have NOTHING to complain at all about.

I have been dieting and the first week I did amazing! :) However, this is the end of week three and these past two weeks have just been trying to maintain. I have lost 10 pounds but I am ready to get back to losing! It is just really hard!

This week I am going to be really busy. I am staying home Monday and Tuesday to do school work, then I am working Wednesday and Thursday. I am thinking that I will schedule my first big test for Friday. (One of my classes is an independant study and I get to schedule my own tests.) So, this week I have to do three sections of my book (crazy detailed outlines) and study for test 1 of 6. Ugh...school...

No comments:

Post a Comment