Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Sometimes God has other plans...

Sometimes God has other plans.

I am learning this lesson right now. Without spilling all of the long and boring details about yesterday being the absolutely worst day of my college career (and there have been several bad ones) I will just say that as it turns out I will not be doing my internship this semester after all. I was informed yesterday that I will have to retake 3 of the history classes that I had previously taken (and passed, I know it's crazy) in order to meet the requirments for internship and graduation.

SO...

I am now registered for 3 history classes: American Foreign Policy, 19th Century Europe, and Vietnam.

I will take these three classes this spring. Then I will intern in the fall and graduate in December. I did everything that I could to get them to cooperate with me so that I could still intern this spring. They would not budge. So, what I am left with is 6 more months of not being a college graduate. I'm dealing.

Tomorrow I am going to West Blocton to sit down with Mr. McGee to explain to him what has happened and that I will not be his intern. Then, I'm going to the Bibb County Board to become a sub. I have been applying for some managment positions in different retail stores but let's face it, I hate retail and if I can't intern, then I can at least sub and still be in the school. Since I know all of the teachers I will probably work a lot. I guess if I can't teach, and I can't intern, I might as well sub.

I have been very depressed and I have cried alot but I am going to try to find the positive side of this setback because I know that sometimes God has other plans for us that we can't understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment