Thursday, November 12, 2009

School and Melvin

I'm sitting in class right now...It hasn't started yet and since I severely need to pay attention during class, I thought I would blog before it starts to clear my head. Blogging is seriously my therapy. Well, I got my court date changed for my speeding ticket and now the only hassle will be finding a day that I'm not completely booked up that I can actually go to driving school. Ugh...Just thinking about it makes me sleepy! I'm working today and tonight on a PowerPoint presentation on WWII women that I will be using while I teach tomorrow at Holt. I can't wait for my Field Expereice to be over. I truly hate that school. I have three weeks left of class. Two big assignments and then finals. I feel like the little engine that could. I keep telling myself, I can do this. I'm almost there. I'm SO ready! I read the handbook yesterday for interns and it is going to be alot of work, but at least it will be the kind of work that I will enjoy doing...like lesson plans and evaluations.. Tiffany and I have decided to adopt the Varsity Cheerleading sponsor position for next year. I know, it's a little soon since I'm still about 8 months away from finding out if I will get a job there. Let's just say I have ALOT of faith about this one. The thing is that if we want to do it she has to step up to take over in March to hold auditions. So, she's taking a leap of faith. If, I was to not get a job there she will be fine because she has done it before. I just really, really, REALLY want a job there! 9th grade World History to be exact!! I'm praying for it everyday. I am also still praying devoutly for my internship to be at West Blocton. They will post that in a couple of weeks. I CANNOt wait for the Holidays this year. I love Thanksgiving and am sincerely looking forward to a week at home with almost nowhere to go. I will have a ton of studying to do but I don't mind that if I'm at home in my nice warm bed! Oh, and speaking of home, We discovered a mouse in our house!! AH!! As you would assume, I freaked out! Actually, I cried. (embarrassingly enough) Josh was like, it's just a tiny mouse(He then proceeded to name him Melvin as if that would make it less gross to me)... Well, it is living somewhere in our home and we have yet to catch it or see it again. There are traps EVERYWHERE... (Not the kind that splatter them...those are gross.) Until we do catch him, I refuse to spend time in our living room, because when we saw him, he ran under the couch. I should post pictures of all of the traps that are set up around the couch. (but I'm not at home.) Well, I think that is all the Odom family news right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment