Sunday, November 1, 2009

My new state-of-the-art, fool-proof, stuff-that-you-already-know-but-still-don't-do, DIET and EXERCISE plan

I am always complaining about how I have gained weight since I got married and other people tell me that it's natural and I just accept that and pretend like it doesn't bother me...but it really does. None of my old (cute) clothes fit me anymore and it is quite depressing. My amazing husband constantly tells me how beautiful I am and how he does not want me to lose any weight but let's face it...I'm sure that it wouldn't bother him if I did! :) So, I have made up my mind (for the 50th time) to lose some weight! Now, I'm not going to say how much I weigh but I cetainly have a goal in mind! I bought some new groceries and have a good plan.

1. Diet & Exercise-- I have learned in my experience with dieting and exercising that they really do go together. You can't really do one without the other and expect to see a change. My goal this time around is to make a LIFESTYLE change. This is important to me because I have dieted before and lost a few pounds but it all comes back immediately if you do not change your eating and exercising habits.

2. Goals-- I am going to set immediate and long term goals. It is hard to stay motivated if you are constantly focused on a long term goal because losing weight is a slow process. So, I have decided that this time I will have a long term goal and a weekly goal.

3. Weigh-ins--I tend to go overboard with my weigh-ins because I get obsessed with my weight when I'm dieting. I want the scale to change every single day and if it doesn't, I lose my motivation. So, this time I am only going to weigh myself once a week. Friday mornings as soon as I wake up.

4. Support-- With it being almost time for the Holidays and all of those pictures coming up, everyone is in diet mode. This is a great thing for me because I have an excellent support system. Dieting is hard but doing it all alone is almost impossible! My mom, sister, and mother-in-law are all dieting with me. This will help me to stay on track and not lose my will!

5. Daily reminders-- Changing the way that I eat has proven impossible for me in the past. So, this time, in order to keep my focus on the future, I am going to give myself daily reminders that will keep me motivated. For me, these are things like my skinny jeans hanging where I can see them and the pictures of myself when I was skinny!

I am not wanting to lose a massive amount of weight. But, I am at that point in my life where I need to start teaching myself new eating and exercising habits because I cannot depend on my crazy hyperactive thyroid to keep me thin anymore. The pace of my life has sped up and there is a lot more drive-thru days and a lot less gym time for me. I have just got to stay focused on being healthy and happy!

Updates to come! Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

  1. Well I thought you looked great when I saw you at church! But I do know that I can be my own worst critic about my looks, so I feel ya pain. I'm hoping to start back on the treadmill and also return to a toning routine that I started back in the summer. Since school has started I have been sliding down the fitness slope from average to below average unfortunately!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea..I am definately critical of myself and I tend to compare myself to myself...Like, I've gained "this" much weight since I got married, or was in high school. I just want to be in shape...but it's really hard!!

    ReplyDelete